Highlights (in the exact order they presented) from the most recent report entitled Updates from the CF CEO dated March 17, 2015:
· Over the past two weeks we had many exciting updates, which included hosting the eighth Clinton Global Initiative University meeting at the University of Miami and the release of No Ceilings’ Full Participation Report.
· The Foundation also recently announced that Donna Shalala, President of the University of Miami and former U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services, will join the Foundation as President and Chief Executive Officer at the end of the academic year.
· On Friday, March 6, the Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI U) kicked off its eighth annual meeting where more than 1,000 students representing more than 300 universities and 75 countries participated at the University of Miami in Coral Gables….to spur innovation in the technology space and increase the scope, reach, and impact of CGI U's Commitments to Action.
· The Codeathon brought together leaders in the technology and social innovation space to serve as mentors to student developers, designers, and technologists….with Chelsea Clinton, featuring two CGI U students and their commitments….
· Launching No Ceilings events, Secretary Clinton and Chelsea Clinton spoke to student leaders at CGI U in Miami, where they unveiled a preview of No Ceilings Full Participation Report….a set of principles for action that we can use to accelerate progress and ensure that commitments to gender equality translate into measurable improvements on the ground.
· Last Thursday, the Clinton Development Initiative (CDI) inTanzania hosted a delegation from the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture….where they visited smallholder farmers benefiting from improved soil fertility management training and pre-season contracts with the Soyco processing facility that purchases farmers soybeans.
· Last week, Burger King announced it was following the example of McDonald’s’ September 2013 Commitment to Action with the Clinton Global Initiative and the Alliance for a Healthier Generation by eliminating soft drinks from its children’s menu. In January fast food giant Wendy’s announced a similar decision.
· Last week, the Clinton Climate Initiative (CCI) signed a MoU with the Government of Rwanda to develop a national emissions estimation system…
· Last week, the Clinton Presidential Center hosted Harriet Glickman, a former Los Angeles schoolteacher, and her longtime friend, Ken Kelly, who were instrumental in the creation of Franklin, the first African American character in the Peanuts comic strip.
· On March 5th and 6th, the Clinton Health Matters Initiative (CHMI) convened top executives….and collectively agreed to continue to engage with CHMI through this executive council to advance leadership on this issue with their peers and other national institutions and organizations.
Care to donate to these great accomplishments and initiatives? Follow these instructions:
1. Download, print and complete our Donation Form (.pdf)
2. Fill in your credit card info on the form or make your check payable to: Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation
3. Please check to see if your company will match your gift
4. Mail your Donation Form with check or credit card info to:Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation
610 President Clinton Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72201
A list of contributors is available at: https://www.clintonfoundation.org/contributors
You can become a Clinton Foundation Ambassador with a suggested contribution as follows:
Is the Clinton Foundation a tax-exempt organization?
The Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.