Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Keynesians argue that government stimulus (DEBT) is required during a period of economic decline and government frugality (surplus) is needed during economic growth. Today's Keynesians are simply convenient, one-way subscribers to the British economist's views.
There are many positive purposes to define a country. Here are a few:
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
The essential health benefits package must cover the following general categories of services:
· Ambulatory patient services
· Emergency services
· Maternity and newborn care
· Mental health and substance abuse disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
· Prescription drugs
· Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
· Laboratory services
· Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
· Pediatric services, including oral and vision care
- Outpatient Care - Most health insurance plans cover this already.
- Emergency Room Services - Most plans cover this, but may charge extra if you go to a hospital that's out of their network, or go without pre-authorization. Obamacare plans don't charge extra.
- Hospitalization - Not all plans cover enough of this huge cost. Most people don't realize that a day in the hospital can cost between $2,000 - $20,000 a day. If you have a high-deductible plan, or a plan with a low maximum, you may be surprised by how much you wind up paying out-of-pocket.
- Preventive and wellness visits, as well as chronic disease management - Preventive care visits have no copay. Obamacare requires that all 50 procedures recommended by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force be covered as preventive services. These include well-woman visits, domestic violence screening, and support for breastfeeding equipment and contraception.
- Maternity and Newborn Care - Maternity care is categorized as preventive care, and must be provided without cost. Most young people who don't have insurance will find this is a needed benefit if they become pregnant.
- Mental and Behavioral Health Treatment - This includes treatment for alcohol, drug and other substance abuse and addiction. Patient co-pays could be as high as $40 a session, and the number of therapist visits could be limited.
- Prescription drugs - Most plans offer this at a cost. All plans listed on the exchanges will include coverage of at least one drug in every category in the U.S. Pharmacopeia. Whatever you pay out-of-pocket for drugs will also count toward your deductible, which is not true for all insurance plans now.
- Services and devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions - Most plans cover services and equipment to help you recover from temporary injuries, like a broken leg. Obamacare plans will also cover goods and services to help you maintain a standard of living if you contract a chronic disease, like multiple sclerosis.
- Lab tests - Obamacare plans cover 100% of preventive tests, but not ones ordered if you've already been diagnosed with a disease.
- Pediatric care - Most plans do not cover dental and vision care, which is covered by Obamacare plans.