"The most significant threat to our national security is our debt," Admiral Michael Mullen, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, August 27, 2010


Friday, August 29, 2014

Partnering with Barack

That is exactly the situation facing several former American allies today. 

Can you imagine this failed US president coming to you with a partnership suggestion?  Say you are the head of the government of Britain or Germany or France, maybe Turkey – heck, most likely even Russia.
It would go something like this ---
Phone operator (PO):  ‘er, Madame prime minister (MPM), I have a Barack Obama (BO) on the phone for you.
MPM:  what does he want now?
PO:  don’t know – he sounds like he’s not sure.  I think he wants to chat.
MPM:  find out what he wants but don’t let him blather on – ask for specifics.
PO:  okay, but he’s not the easiest guy to pin down, you know.  I’ve tried this before.
MPM:  no sh**
PO:  BO, MPM asked me to find out what you want.
BO:  I want to chat.
PO: about what?
BO:  things, things that are going on – here and there, everywhere.
PO:  specifics please, she asked me to pin you down about specifics.
BO:  well lets chat about the situation in Iraq and, you know, over there.
PO:  specifics, Barack; you gotta give me specifics.
BO:  will she bomb some of the bad guys for us?
PO:  which ones?
BO:  don’t know – we’re not sure – maybe she has an idea.
PO:  Barry, we’ve been down this road before; it’s not gonna work; not this time.
BO:  c’mon I got problems here at home. Everyone’s on my case – they're saying I don’t know what to do, give me a break (aside, in the background  - in a whisper – different voice – “you’re late for your tee time”)
PO:  call back when you know what you want  - even better send it to us in writing – I don’t think MPM is going to do anything based on a phone call with you (sounds like a giggle)
BO:  shucks, I’m the president, I head up the most powerful military in history and I’m late for my game.
PO:  remember Barry what Bush said – fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me.  You should have listened to George – call him, he may have some ideas.
BO:  okay tell her we’ll stop listening to all her calls and we’ll give her Poland and Hungary if she will bomb the bad guys in Iraq.
PO:  oh, Barack, you silly, silly boy.
BO:  she can have California too – no make that Texas – he**, she can have both.
PO:  bye – bye!
Click.


No comments: