Folks, please make an effort to read this leaders words about America and our situation.
America lacks not only leadership – we lack discipline. Two very redundant words – leadership and discipline. This leader simply has them – lives by them – and folks we need him – really need him now.
Pls go to: https://www.wsj.com/articles/jim-mattis-duty-democracy-and-the-threat-of-tribalism-11566984601?mod=hp_lead_pos5 and find a way (buy/borrow/your library, etc.) to read his wonderful words about America today. Here are a few:
- …I considered government service to be both honor and duty.
- …I had no great desire to return to Washington, D.C. I drew no energy from the turmoil and politics that animate our capital.
- Slowly but surely, we learned there was nothing new under the sun: Properly informed, we weren’t victims—we could always create options.
- …I believe that we need every ally we can bring to the fight.
- At this time, we can see storm clouds gathering.
- We are dividing into hostile tribes cheering against each other, fueled by emotion and a mutual disdain that jeopardizes our future…
- On each of our coins is inscribed America’s de facto motto, “E Pluribus Unum”—from many, one. For our experiment in democracy to survive, we must live that motto.