"The most significant threat to our national security is our debt," Admiral Michael Mullen, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, August 27, 2010


Thursday, March 12, 2009

Curious George

TheFundamentals was wondering what GWB was doing. Here is an update from George:

"Hello folks. I thought I would write down some notes for my ghostreader who is writing my memories. I was thinking of calling it “The Oil’s in Texas but the Dipsticks are in DC.” But the bookman thought maybe something a bit more serious and then recounting all the really good things we did to the folks. Well, here goes –
On January 20, 2001 I took the pledge and here is how things looked:
Dow Jones was 10,587; GDP was $10.0 billion; unemployment was 4.2%, debt was $5.7 trillion and the budget of the country was $1.86 trillion.
On January 20, 2009 when the kid took over the Dow Jones was 8,281; GDP was $14.2 billion; unemployment was 7.2%; debt was $10.6 trillion and the budget of the country was $3.5 trillion. Pretty good huh? 2 out of 4 up big time; that’s the same as batting .500 in the big leagues. We were big league guys all the way. Go get ‘em was our slogan. Don’t hold back. No sirree bob.
I don’t know what some of them complainers are complaining about. After all I was the decider and the decider did pretty good. That first budget was a doozy. We called it “A Blueprint for New Beginnings.” Pretty catchy, huh? We sure got that one right. History will see it all clear like a..a…window.
Here’s some more good news. We all got rid of that Hussein guy and the other 50 decks in the card. I think we got ‘em all. Not two many remember that they was some really bad dudes. We chased them bastard Al Queda into the hills in Afghanistan where they can eat sand forever. That’ll teach them. We fixed them good.
Now we’re cleaning up the bad guys on Wall Street. Remember we started to spank those greedy bastards. Did most of the heavy lifting. The new kid can clean up the scraps. No big deal. That Madoff guy will be good and sorry he cheated some folk. I don’t get how all them people don’t start wondering why he was doing so good for so long. What’ya gonna do. People need to watch their money; can’t always trust the guy next store.
Got you two good judges. Too bad we couldn’t get Harriet a position. She woulda shown some of them New Yorkers pansies how to make a decision or two.
Stock market was up real good the last few days. See I knew we fixed the banking problem. Economy is fine. We told you that those deficits jus don’t matter. Sometimes it jus takes the folk a little longer to fully grasp how much good we did ‘em.
So, I’m off on making some speeches. Make me a few dollars and make up my stock market losses. Laura said Bushie "it’s about time you put some coffee in the can." It’s hard work flying around and explaining to people that these last eight years are gonna look pretty good in a few more months. Send letter to my library if you want to. We need to build some files of the good folk telling us how much they appreciate what we did to ‘em. You can send in some donations to and we will send you a nice note for framing up on your wall. I think they call that a keepsuck or something likes that.
I am also thinking about taking up the game of chess. A lot of folk think I'd be a natural.
God bless."

No comments: