"The most significant threat to our national security is our debt," Admiral Michael Mullen, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, August 27, 2010


Wednesday, October 13, 2021

…doin’ without… miA… missin’ in America… today

As a little kid – a baby – in late 1942 and into 1943, 1944 and 1945 we had something in our home; no, not lots of this and that’s – below are pictures of what we had:

The above borrowed from… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationing_in_the_United_States#/media/File:%22How_to_Shop_With_Ration_Book_Two%22_-_OAC_-_bk0007t0n59.jpg

For several reasons… mostly my age back then… and now… I miss that I cannot locate the unused books and coupons that I recall looking at often… during and after WWII.   What I most certainly do recall every time I pass or visit an American military cemetery here or elsewhere is that I simply followed what limits of freedom via responsibility were required… and insisted by My good Mom, dad and brother.  My Mom, dad and brother are gone… as are the American citizen freedom requirements of responsibility…

FREEDOM ain’t free folks.  That simple fact… the fundamental of FREEDOM is RESPONSIBILITY… 24/7… now miA… missin’ in America…

 

No comments: