"The most significant threat to our national security is our debt," Admiral Michael Mullen, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, August 27, 2010


Friday, February 20, 2009

Note to EHolder

Dear E,

This coward is going to reach out as a result of your strength and bravery in asking us racial cowards to stop avoiding the race subject.

So, E, here goes.

I measure folk based on values and adherence to fundamentals. I believe in work, education, obeying the law and being financially responsible for my commitments and obligations. I have worked all my life, graduated from school, learned how to read, write and make change. I have put up with more silliness from government employees and bureaucrats than I have time to recount and still live a productive life. If I owe someone money, I pay it. If I say I will do something, I do it. No need for a contract or a lawyer or a court. If I can’t stand someone I stay away from them. I don’t shoot them, I don’t envy what they have and I sure don’t steal from them. I pay my taxes and I don’t seek government assistance.

What do you believe in E?

Should a person who causes injury to someone pay for it? Or should we excuse it because maybe they did not stay in school and did not learn how to put up with all the crap that most of us have to deal with daily? Are you suggesting that all us cowards should be ashamed of ourselves for wanting to be around people who go to school, go to work, pay their bills and their taxes, avoid government employees and programs, obey the law, discipline their kids and still find time to be a good neighbor without whining to some government dope who wants to lecture them about their moral strength? There’s a lot of good people out there - all colors and religions and ethnicities.

E. Praise the Lord. You are one strong, brave unique fellow. But I am still not sure if you believe in any of the concepts above. Do you? Here’s a modest suggestion. If you believe in something tell us. Take a stand. In the meantime, if all you can do is pontificate, I suggest you get to work, find the bad guys, prosecute them and shut the f*** up! That’s how I will measure you.

No comments: