"The most significant threat to our national security is our debt," Admiral Michael Mullen, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, August 27, 2010


Monday, July 26, 2021

What goes around… comes around

Pls read:  Lightfoot says she would 'absolutely' exclude white journalists from interviews again (msn.com)

A few borrowed words from the above…

·         "Here is the bottom line for me: To state the obvious, I’m a black woman mayor," she said. "I’m the mayor of the third-largest city in the country. Obviously, I have a platform, and it’s important to me to advocate on things that I believe are important. Going back to why I ran — to disrupt the status quo. The media is critically important to our democracy. … The media is in a time of incredible upheaval and disruption, but our City Hall press corps looks like it’s 1950 or 1970."

·         "I have been struck since my first day on the campaign trail back in 2018 by the overwhelming whiteness and maleness of Chicago media outlets, editorial boards, the political press corps, and yes, the City Hall press corps specifically," she continued.

Folks I don’t live/vote there so my comments are brief.  Here goes in comment/question format, “I think she’s on the right track… perhaps  for somewhat similar reasons.  I simply don’t waste much of my remaining time listenin’/readin’ watchin’ most of today’s America media buffoonery.  I try not to buy the overpriced advertised stuff that must pay ‘em, huh? Why doesn’t Ms. Lightfoot simply do/say/suggest the same.  Or maybe even others who are sick and tired of today's media?   HUH?"

No comments: